Do you know how long does miracle gro last to get the best results? If you want your plants to grow fast with good health, it is crucially important to keep an eye on the fertilizers you use. Only buying and feeding the plants with fertilizers is not an ideal approach, but you must have detailed knowledge about it. Miracle-Gro, which is very healthy for plants’ growth, can go wrong if you do not know about it.
Miracle-gro does wonders for all types of plants if you use it as directed. Along with the right use of miracle gro, it is also important to check its expiry date. Without knowing how long does it last, you may unintentionally hurt your plants. This guide will help you know everything from Miracle gro so that you can take out the most benefits from it.
Why Choose Miracle-Gro?
Miracle-gro is a ammonium based synthetic fertilizer that comes in granulated form. Out of many plant growth fertilizers, do you know why choosing miracle gro is the best option? It is because the miracle gro is the one of the safest and healthiest options to boost the growth of potted plants. Not only plant growth, but it also boosts the flowering capability of plants and makes them bloom beyond their capacity. It turns your plants grow bigger than usual and look more beautiful and eye-catching.
Although different plants show different growth rates with Miracle-gro, some of them grow as twice their actual size. Similarly, your houseplants can produce a double number of flowers if you feed them with Miracle-Gro. Is not it mind-blowing? It is. Due to these impressive results of using miracle gro, many people use it to enhance the beauty of their home garden.
Does Miracle-Gro Go Bad?
If you do not take proper care while storing it at your home, Miracle-gro may go bad.
For example, it is important to store or keep a miracle gro in a cool and dry place. In case it gets moisture or gets wet, it would go bad. Moreover, if your miracle grow crosses its shelf life, it would go bad for your plants. Therefore, it’s important to keep these precautions in mind while buying, using, or storing miracle gro at your place.
Miracle-gro doesn’t go bad if you use it in the right proportion. An overdose of miracle pro may go bad for your plants if you fail to take the immediate corrective measures.
What is the shelf life of miracle gro?
The shelf-life of the miracle gro is 3-5 years from its manufacturing date. However, it may go out of function if proper care is not taken while keeping/storing it. If you buy it to feed your plants, make sure to re-lock its lid properly to protect it from air and moisture.
Also, never keep it in a hot and humid place. Instead, always keep the remaining miracle go in a dry and cool place to enjoy its 3-5 years. It is also important to check the expiry date of the miracle gro while buying it from the market. Make sure to buy the pack that is recently manufactured and not too old.
How to Use Miracle Grow for Plants?
If you want to use miracle-gro for the plants at your home, make sure to read its usage instructions. Any negligence in its right use may cause your plants damage or burn. Here are the few simple steps to use it on the plants.
- Fortunately, miracle gro is available in the water-soluble form that makes it easier to use for everyone. When you buy miracle-gro for your home garden, also buy a watering can that you would use to feed it to plants.
- Fill in the watering can with 1 gallon of water. Then, add 1 tablespoon of miracle gro into it and mix well. Once it is fully dissolved into the water, you can spray it on the plants.
- Make sure to use this 1 gallon of miracle mixed water for the plants on an area of approximately 10 square feet. For the plants in the next area, prepare the water and miracle-gro mixture again and use it on the next 10 square feet area.
- Keep repeating this step until you feed all of your plants with this water plus miracle gro solution.
If you are using miracle-gro for the indoor plants, make sure to start with ½ teaspoon of it in 1 gallon of water. Don’t exceed the miracle gro quantity for 1 tablespoon for any plants. Otherwise, your plants may start showing various side effects of overdosing miracle grow to them.
Can too much miracle gro kill plants?
Yes, if you exceed the dose of miracle gro from the recommended dosage, it may kill your plants. There is no special quantity that you can list as it will kill the plants. The overdosing quantity of miracle go differs for different types of plants.
For example, the outdoor plants can go fine with 1 tablespoon of miracle gro in 1 gallon of water. This quantity can help them grow effectively and bloom rapidly with good plant health. However, the same quantity may damage or kill them if you are using it for indoor plants.
How Often Should I Use Miracle-Gro?
For the best results, you should use miracle gro every two weeks. You can also use it once every week for outdoor plants, but a gap of two weeks is ideal. However, make sure to keep an eye on the warning signs that ask you to stop using further miracle gro due to overdosing.
What to do if I overdose miracle-gro to plants?
For the beginners, the biggest issue is to use the right proportion of miracle gro on plants. With no prior experience in this aspect, many new gardeners may mistakenly overdose miracle-gro to their plants. If you ever do this, make sure to follow the below steps as important corrective measures.
- Miracle-gro is blue that is easily visible on the ground where you use it. In case of overusing it, remove the visible miracle gro from the ground.
- Throw enough water on the ground that can effectively flush out the excessive miracle gro from it. However, perform this step carefully because many new beginners may hurt their plants with so much water. Many others also flush off the top layer of the soil that further damage the plants. Therefore, throw water on the soil to flush out fertilizers but don’t overuse the water.
- After overusing the miracle gro, you would notice that many leaves or foliage is damaged. Take a gardening seizure or either use your hands with gloves to remove those damaged parts (either leaves or foliage).
- Additionally, limiting sun exposure can also help you in such a situation.
How would I know that my plants don’t need more dosage?
As plants can’t speak or tell us that they don’t need more dosage of miracle gro, you can only observe them get an idea. Here are some alert or warning signs that would tell you that your plants don’t need any more miracle gro.
- Very less number of flowers than there should be. If you are using the right amount of miracle gro, there should be more flowers than usual.
- If your plants’ foliage is growing more than usual that the plants stop looking beautiful, it’s the time to stop using more miracle gro.
- If you notice that the leaves’ color is changing than the original color, it is a sign that you are overdosing miracle gro. At this stage, immediately stop using it any further to save your plants from damage.
- If your plant leaves’ color is alright, but they are becoming out of shape or deformed, stop using miracle gro on them. The deformation of leaves occurs when you are using too much miracle-gro on them.
- Weakened plants from either the stems or the roots are a sign of overdosing fertilizers. As you know, that excess of everything is bad; the same goes for miracle gro and other fertilizers. If you use them in the right amount, they will benefit your plants. Otherwise, they would start giving more harm to the plants than the benefit.
Is it safe to use miracle gro?
Miracle-gro is one of the safest fertilizers to use on indoor plants for good growth and health. It’s surprising for many people to know that miracle gro comes with no major side effects. It is safe to use for both indoor and outdoor potted plants. However, it is recommended that we should avoid the use of synthetic fertilizers in places where there is risk of it getting into water sources. The excess use of ammonium based fertilizers can cause damage to the micro-organisms in soil and water.
In addition to that, constant overdosing may lead to negative results as plant damage or deterioration.
Along with plants, it is also safe to use by hand for everyone. However, it is important to avoid direct contact with eyes and mouth because swallowing any fertilizer is harmful. With only a little care, you can use it safely on your plants to see the miracles. Therefore, always use the miracle gro as per the instructions found on the package and check its expiry date before applying it to plants.